As moms we are excited to see our kids go to school but sometimes the kids aren't. How can you your child is ready or just needs more time at a playgrpund to socialize.
Here are some checklist you can use if the child is ready for school and have the sociial skills to last the school year, the more yes you answer the more your child is prepared and ready for school!
1) Can you leave your child without the child being overly upset?
2) Can your child spend extended periods of time away from you?
3) Can you see your child explore and tries new things?
4) Is your child seem to be curious and motivated to learn?
5) Does she put away toys and helps with family chores?
6) Can she face visitors without being overly shy?
7) Can your child stay on task and work independently?
8) Is your child able to finish a task?
9) Can she describe basic emotions and feelings (sad, angry, happy)?
10) Does the child recognize authority?
11) Can your child get along and play cooperatively with other children?
12) Can take care of own toilet needs independently?
13) Do you se your child feling good about self and tasks easily?
14) Can your child dress self and take care of own belongings?
15) Can your child wait for his or her turn?
16) Does she exhibit self-control?
17) Does your child seem to seek interactive play with other childre?
18) Can the child listen to your stories without interrupting?
19) Does your child use more words than physical aggression to get what he or she wants?
20) Understands that actions have both cause and effects?
21) Is she beginning to share with others?
22) Can she follow simple directions?
26) Can your child say "please" and "thank you"?
27) Does your child understand basic safety rules:
Example: Don't talk or get in the car with a stranger. Look both ways before crossing the street.
28) Is your child aware of any food allergy he or she has?
29) Can your child tel stories of past events?
23) Is your child manifesting empathy skills?
24) Does your child know your (parents) names, home address, and home address?
25) Can she recite her own First and last name?